Looking for a hearty meal during this cold weather? Here’s one of my favorite homemade soup recipes. I hope you enjoy it, and please share with me if you make it. Hashtag us on Instagram and Twitter #crownwithapurpose to share your favorite soup for the winter too.
Loaded Bake Potato Soup:
5 slices of Bacon
1 onion chopped
4 celery chopped
4 green onions
10 red skin potatoes cut in cube
1 cup of heavy cream
2/3 cup of all-purpose flour
2 cups of chicken broth
1 cup of shredded cheese
1. In a large pot add the cubed red skin potatoes and cover them with water. Cook for about 30 minutes on medium to high.
2. Place bacon in a large skillet. Cook until browned. Drain and set aside for later.
3. Add the chopped onions, green onions, and celery to the same skillet. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
4. Add the seasoning, chopped onions, green onions, and celery into the pot with the red skin potatoes. Cover it with the chicken stock and add the heavy cream and flour let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
5. Add bacon and cheese for toppings.
Kale & Turkey Wheat Sandwich:
3 slices of Turkey
2 slices of Mozzarella cheese
2 slices of Wheat sunflower seed bread
1. Take two slices of wheat bread and add the mozzarella cheese, turkey, and kale.
2. Place it on the grill 2-3 minutes to make it into a panini sandwich.