So I’ve been cooking up a storm lately in my kitchen. Trying out new recipes and making whatever comes to my mind. Eating healthy can be fun if you try out new recipes. I love vegetables, so I never had a problem as a child growing up eating them.
FACT: Did you know that bell peppers are an excellent source of Vitamin E, which is known to play a key role in keeping skin and hair looking youthful. Well, now you know, and they’re other great benefits to eating bell peppers too.
I enjoyed cooking this meal, so I hope you try my recipe. If you’re a vegetarian, this can be easily adjusted just take out the meat. Please share with me if you try it. Remember to hashtag us on Instagram #crownwithapurpose.
Xoxo- Jasmine Rasco
4 bell peppers
1 box of brown rice
1-2 cups of spinach
10 small red cherry tomatoes cut in halves
1 cup mushrooms
Zucchini – use veggetti machine
Squash – use veggetti machine
1/2 lb shrimp
1. Cook the brown rice for about 15 minutes.
2. Slice the squash and zucchini with the Veggetti machine.
3. Cut up the onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Place all the vegetables in a medium skillet.
4. Season the mix veggies with the seasons listed above. Sauteed the vegetables for about 5-8 minutes. Add the spinach in the last minute or two.
5. Cut the bell peppers top off. When rice is done add the rice, then add the mixed sauteed vegetables on top.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the bell peppers for about 15 minutes. Add the shrimp in the last 3-5 minutes.
7. Optional: Add cheese on top. ENJOY!!!!!